ATTENTION: Today I have a Public Service Announcement from the Hollywood Bowl and the LA Phil. Because I love you. Also, you can just call it 'The Bowl' like us cool kids do, but that's not important right now.
Summer is rapidly approaching (yay!) and that means it's time to start making Summer Bucket List plans. Read about how we do that here:
As you know, t's a big deal to us to squeeze out every last drop of fun out of our summers. For me, one of the coolest things about living in Southern California is visiting The Hollywood Bowl. Read about my love for the Bowl here:
I'm particularly excited for this coming season at the bowl, particularly the end of July. The Americas & Americans concerts on July 23, 25-26, 29, 31 includes an eclectic mix of cultures and traditions from across North and South America.
- Gilberto Santa Rosa & Sheila E - Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014 - 8:00 pm
- Gloria Estefan with the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra - Friday & SAturday, July 25th & 26th, 2014 - 8:00pm
- Rubén Blades and the LA Phil - Tuesday, July 29th, 2014
- Noche de Cine with the LA Phil - Thursday, July 31st, 2014 - 8:00 pm
And people, there's so much more! The Family Concerts and Weekend Spectacular (involves fireworks) are a ridiculously good time.
- July 4th Fireworks Spectuacular with Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers featuring Edie Brickell - July 2nd - 4th
- Grease Sing-along July 13th
- DreamWorks Animation in Concert - Celebrating 20 Years - July 18th and 19th
- The Beatles' 50th at the Bowl - August 22nd - 24th (YOU KNOW I WILL BE THERE!)
- Fireworks Finale - The Simpsons' 25th Anniversary
Believe me when I tell you that nothing compares to experiencing a live show at The Bowl.
Here are some my personal tips for making your evening at the bowl that much more magical:
- Pack a Picnic! There are lots of restaurants in the area that will pack a gourmet picnic for your Night at the Bowl or just do it yourself. (We usually make a stop at Porto's, but that's not important right now.) Click here for more info on Picnicking at the Bowl.
- Get there early! People watching is totally part of the fun. (The Sound of Music sing-along included lots of nuns and people in lederhosen...you had to be there to appreciate.)
- Take the Mandatory crappy potato camera Selfie with the Bowl in the background. Absolutely a must.
- Send those fabulous Bowl photos to the 'It Happened Last Night' section of the Hollywood Bowl website for posterity. Click here for more information: It Happend Last Night at the Bowl.
Some tickets are even as low as $20! Order today by calling (323) 850-2000 or visit HollywoodBowl.com.
Now you're all set to have a fabulous summer. My work here is done.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Al Punto Advervitising. My love for the Bowl is my own. Gracias, guys!