You know if you've been reading this blog for longer than 5 minutes that I tend to overshare what's happening in my life. At least I'm consistent, right?
So the other day on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook (<--my favorite places to overshare) I posted a photo of my Christmas gift tags. I had seen this done somewhere in some trendy magazine - is that vague enough? - and it was one of those things that dropped in and I have thought of making it happen for years. "I'm sooo going to do this one day," I said to myself.
Well, today is that day. So, I (over)shared it on my social media and I was a little surprised at the response. So here's a quick "how to." Also, they look a lot fancier than they are. (Winning.)
I wrapped my gifts in plain kraft paper and tied them up with bright red ribbons. The black and white photo tags give the gifts just the right finishing touch while adding a little bit of whimsy and fun.
Here's how I made the the photo gift tags.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN PHOTO GIFT TAGS
I used Photoshop to make my tags, but I think you can probably use any program where you can print photos from. The process was surprisingly quick and didn't really take much skill. Just basic, drag and drop and type and go. Which is just my speed, but that's not important right now.
1) I chose my images and brought them into Photoshop (again, use your favorite photo editing program) and re-sized them to 3"x4".
2) Then I converted the 3"x4" image to black and white.
3) I opened a new file in 4"x6". Repeated the process with another photo and brought both images into the 4"x6" file.
4) Then I typed the "from" part of the tag in a bright red. In our case, "love, Mom & Dad." I also added a drop shadow to the letters to make them pop just a little.
5) I printed the final out on 4"x6" photo paper, which, of course, gave me two of them.
6) I trimmed each photo tag to 3"x4."
7) And rounded the corners. Because that makes me happy and it looks more 'finished.'
After the first round of tagging, I got really into it and decided these might be my favorite Christmas (or Birthday, or Wedding, or Bar Mitzvah) Gift Tags ever. You're Welcome.
Look how happy my gifts look!